Iridium Certus℠ is being built to support an innovative portfolio of partner products and satisfy a wide-ranging set of aviation, maritime and land mobile communication needs. The multi-service platform will provide users with the voice, data and broadcast options they need to meet the ever increasing demands of field communications. Whether your application is large or small, high-speed or low-speed, Iridium Certus℠ can be used to deliver the right service for your business needs.
Iridium Certus℠ will provide peace of mind that your operational needs will always be met. With exceptional availability and fully scalable high-performance solutions, Iridium’s reliable, global network will ensure that your mission- and business-critical capabilities are supported. Iridium’s service offerings will also grow with your business over time. Through an array of best-in-class terminals, Iridium Certus℠ will accommodate a full range of services – streaming data, high-quality voice, data broadcast and safety services – all built on a single platform. If you expand into new regions, increase your volume of users, or need higher data speeds to support your applications, Iridium Certus℠ will scale with your enterprise to ensure you have the right solution at the right time.
Iridium Certus℠ is the new multi-service platform powered by the $3 billion Iridium NEXT constellation. With uncompromising coverage and a range of speeds eventually up to 1.4 Mbps, Iridium Certus℠ will deliver global, reliable, enterprise-grade services while redefining the capabilities of mobile satellite communications.
The unique overlapping architecture of Iridium NEXT will provide availability, redundancy and reach no others can match. Unlike distant geostationary satellite networks that limit geographic use and are subject to service degradation in inclement weather, Iridium Certus℠ operates from a network of 66 low earth orbiting satellites that provide service anywhere on the planet, even in poor weather conditions, without compromise.
Iridium® stands alone as the only truly pole-to-pole satellite network. Through a crosslinked and overlapping “mesh” architecture, Iridium’s global coverage means that you are never out of reach, regardless of your location. Using this powerful network as the backbone for service, Iridium Certus℠ is poised to set the standard for remote communications and connectivity for enterprises, governments and individuals that want to extend their use of mobile networks into remote areas.
Cobham SATCOM SAILOR 4300: Iridium Certus℠
SAILOR 4300 L-band is the first in Cobham’s Iridium Certus℠ Connected range of terminals. It is the perfect choice as either a high-performance, stand-alone terminal to upgrade your vessel communications, or as a dependable backup solution for your existing VSAT system.
Through Iridium NEXT, SAILOR 4300 L-band enables fast internet speeds suitable for both data-heavy applications and everyday usage. The terminal minimises total cost of ownership with low hardware costs and no scheduled service requirements, and is fully supported through Cobham SATCOM’s Global Service Network.
Included with terminal:
- Sailor 4300 Above Deck Unit (ADU)
- 25-meter TNC-TNC coaxial antenna cable
- Accessory kit (grounding wire, grommet, M8 screw & washers)
- Sailor Iridium Below Deck Unit (BDU)
- BDU power cable
- 2-meter Ethernet cable
- Installation guide
- User manual
Sign up today
Thales VesseLINK: Iridium Certus℠
VesseLINK, using the new Iridium Certus℠ network, will provide critical marine operations with a lifeline to shore whenever or wherever a vessel may be at sea by offering an affordable, enterprise-grade solution designed to meet the unique challenges of maritime environments. The lightweight solution also features a simple, adaptable and robust design and easy to use interface for ship captains and crews. It can be installed as a stand-alone solution or used as a VSAT companion.
Included with terminal:
- Thales Iridium Above Deck Unit (ADU)
- 25-meter TNC-TNC coaxial antenna cable
- ADU Standard mounting hardware kit
- Thales Iridium Below Deck Unit (BDU)
- AC/DC power supply
- US & European power cables
- 3-meter Ethernet cable
- Standard mounting hardware kit
- Quick start guide
Sign up today
Iridium CertusSM is the new service platform powered by the $3 billion Iridium NEXT satellite system. With uncompromising coverage and a range of speeds up to 1.4 Mbps, it will deliver global,reliable, enterprise-grade services while redefining the capabilities of mobile satellite communications. Through Iridium Certus℠, we’re making broadband truly mobile.
DOWNLOAD PDF Sign up today
IRIDIUM CERTUS – TRY BEFORE YOU BUY
Sign up before the Iridium Certus℠ service goes live (late summer 2018) and take advantage of AST’s exclusive Try Before You Buy promotion. Benefits include:
6 months free Monthly Subscription on selected airtime plans.
6 months free subscription for INTEGRA Control
6 months free tracking subscription – IRIS (Thales terminals only)
6 months free maritime hardware (Cobham or Thales)
Exclusively from AST
No hassle. No commitment. Cancel any time.
Choose from 3 airtime plans:
|Data Plans||INTEGRA Certus 0||INTEGRA Certus 50||INTEGRA Certus 100|
|Monthly Inclusive Allowance IP (MB)||0||50||100|
|Monthly Subscription (for the first 6 months)||$0.00||$0.00||$0.00|
Choose from 2 terminals:
Terms and conditions
- Promotion applies only to orders placed with, and acknowledged by AST, prior to Iridium’s Commercial Service Introduction (CSI), expected late summer 2018.
- The 6 month promotional period commences once airtime is activated, which must be no later than 1 month after the delivery of hardware, otherwise hardware must be returned.
- Terminals will be invoiced on dispatch from AST with a delayed 6 months payment term.
- All airtime usage outside of any allowance included in the chosen promotional plan (if applicable) will be payable by the End user.
- Promotional airtime plan upgrades or downgrades will not be allowed during the promotional free period.
- At any time during the promotional free period the promotional plan can be changed to a commercial plan. The promotional free period will then end. Standard terms will then apply and payment for the Certus terminal will also be become due.
- Downgrades from the selected promotional airtime plan will not be possible until 6 months after the promotional free period has expired. The subscription can be cancelled at any time.
- At the end of the promotional free period the Airtime, INTEGRA Control and IRIS monthly subscriptions will become chargeable as per the signed airtime agreement.
- This Promotion is limited to 1 per End user, 5 per Reseller unless otherwise agreed by AST.
- The promotion is limited to a total of 100 terminals/activations and can be extended at AST’s discretion.
- This promotion includes both airtime and hardware together i.e. AST Hardware can only be used with AST SIMs.
- If the promotion is offered through an AST Reseller it must be passed on ‘as is’ to the end customer. i.e. All terms and conditions of the offer are to be passed on to the End user without modification.
- This offer covers the terminal and monthly subscriptions for the free period only, and does not cover any other costs – including installation or de-installation of terminals.
- Terminals are shipped Ex-works (incoterms 2010).
- Terminals are to be suitably insured by the customer for the duration of the promotional free period.
- If the customer wishes to keep the terminal, payment must be made in full on or before the expiration date of the customer’s promotional free period.
- Title of goods for the Certus terminal does not pass to customer until full and final payment for the Certus terminal is received by AST.
- Notification of terminal return and service deactivation must be made no less than 2 weeks before the expiration of the promotional free period, and sent by e-mail to your usual provider or AST Account Manager – stating IMEI and SIM details.
- Terminals can be returned at any time during the promotional free period.
- Terminals must be returned complete and in the original packaging.
- Fair wear and tear on returned terminals is acceptable. If terminal damage is deemed by AST to go beyond fair wear and tear then the full terminal price will be payable.
- Terminals being returned must be to the original shipping location and shipped Delivery Duty Paid by an “air” or similarly expedited service using a fully tracked and insured courier service and at the cost of the End user/Reseller.
- The terminal warranty terms apply during the promotional free period and for the remaining warranty period thereafter.
- Should the terminal be lost or damaged, the terminal invoice will be payable in full.
- Standard AST Terms, Conditions and Policies also apply unless superseded by these promotional terms and conditions
- AST reserves the right to withdraw or withhold this promotion at any time.
Trying to manage your satellite communications traffic is becoming increasingly difficult, particularly in today’s bring-your-own-device world. It’s not always possible to detect which devices are connecting to the satellite network, which applications they’re running, how much data they’re consuming and how frequently they are being updated. Existing traffic management solutions for satellite communications struggle to handle these challenges.
INTEGRA is different
INTEGRA is a complete solution that delivers the first real-time application control for your satellite communications and the easiest on-board traffic management.
INTEGRA runs over a next-generation ground network that delivers reliable, end-to-end connectivity with multi-layered cybersecurity controls and optimised performance.
See more / Control more / Save more
“We are already seeing the benefits of running our satellite services through the INTEGRA network and can now identify the source of encrypted data being used on our vessels from any type of device, mobile, tablet or laptop.”Richard MarshallInternational Communications Manager, SEACOR Marine International
“Amazing innovation and hugely customer compelling.”Rupert PearceCEO, Inmarsat